Handmade: Bathe in love
Show yourself some love & relaxation this Valentines Day.
‘Tis the season of love. Take a little time for yourself this lovers day to treat yourself to our beautiful rose bath. Rebalance your body, lift energy levels & bring calm.
You will need:
– One cup of epsom salts
– One bunch of dried lavender
– Two tablespoons of sweet almond oil
– Three drops of organic lavender oil
– Three sprigs of fresh rosemary
– Five rose buds
– Tea lights & pillar candles
– Your favourite crystals
– A glass of water for hydration
– Run water at your desired temp
We love a cool bath on a Summer afternoon.
– While running, pour in oil blend.
– Cut lavender into short buds, save the falloff.
– Cut roses to buds and set flowers aside.
– Pour epsom salts in and stir through.
– Sprinkle lavender, roses and rosemary into water.
Light your candles, incense and immerse yourself in the soothing calm. A guided meditation or relaxing tune is also a great aaddition.
For our gals without a bath, this recipe can be tailored for the ultimate shower scrub.
Combine one cup of epsom salts with about 1/3 cup almond oil and lavender flowers. Mix the ingredients into a bowl to create an exfoliating paste. Apply the scrub to your body using your hands and rinse well.
Happy Valentines, lovers.
Photography & Words: Britt Murphy