Wardrobe: Boho Festival Clothing – a style guide
With BluesFest just around the corner and Splendour tickets landing in our hot little hands, we are hyped for starry nights under festival lights.
Here’s our Top 5 sure-fire tips to boho festival styling.
Experiment with layering pieces and think outside the box!
– A mini dress with a tasseled shawl jacket is always a winner.
– Layer up serapes with a maxi skirt and peasant blouse look for a warm cozy vibe.
– Long sleeved pieces under mini dresses take the best of summer through seasons to come.
– Can’t choose between a cute crop and that v-neck jumpsuit? Why not try both!
More is more
Accessories are key for creating a unique boho festival look.
– Tie up an over the shoulder tote and layer over western belts to create a cute belt bag.
– Wear a belly-chain as a crossbody statement.
– Shimmering gold jewellery and messy hair? LOVE!
– Stack up your best silver rings and drape a shawl over one shoulder.
Have fun with it
Be bold, be brave and have fun! Try layering clashing prints and trends atop each other for a boho festival look that screams Splendour queen.
– Try pairing leopard print with the latest in bohemian plaid.
– We love pairing bright pachali throw-ons with antique prints.
– Play with ditsy florals and bold cord.
Take inspiration from our eternal festival style muses and mix and match textural pieces for a cool look.
– Silky slips + assorted shawl jackets + western boots = the ultimate carefree rock and roll vibe.
– Vegan leather accessories against summery cotton adds a touch of bohemian festival grunge.
– A soft wool-look Sherpa Coat against a cord mini dress is fit for a Woodstock Baby.
– Play with on-trend shell jewellery and gypsy chains to create a unique, textured look.
Remember comfort for cool nights
Above all, stay practical! Nothing looks better than a girl in her power once the sun slips behind the hills. Slip on an Afghan Coat, the ultimate festival accessory, or tie a pachali around your waist.